A five-minute shuttle in one of our buses to the start point at Bendeela. Allow a 3 hour leisurely paddle into Morton National Park to the where you will find numerous lovely camping areas around Acacia flat and Beehive Point.
Arrive at our base anytime from 8.30am to late morning.
Abundant with wildlife, watch for Kangaroos, Wallabies, harmless Water Dragons, bird life including Wedgetail and Sea Eagles, Wombats later in the day and if you are very lucky you might spot a Platypus. Take a late afternoon paddle and explore the drowned forest of Yarrunga Creek. A special spot to see.
An easy 3-hour paddle to Tallowa Dam, along the way explore the delights of Bundanoon and Sandy Creeks, great stops for lunch. We will meet you at the Dam for return Bus shuttle.
Good fishing along the way so bring a Rod.
What to Bring
- A GAS OR FUEL STOVE and fuel (WE CAN HIRE YOU ONE)
- A TENT WITH A SEWN IN FLOOR (We can sell you a New one for $65)
- SLEEPING BAG
- GROUND MAT
- EATING UTENSILS...CUP...PLATE...BOWL...KNIFE, FORK
- TORCH WITH NEW BATTERY
- A SPADE FOR A TOILET HOLE (WE WILL SUPPLY)
- GARBAGE BAGS (WE CAN SUPPLY)
- A BASIC FIRST AID KIT
- WATER PURIFYING TABS (rather than transport water, which is bulky and heavy)
- ANY SPECIAL MEDICATION
- RAIN COAT
- A PAIR OF SHOES TO GET WET