A twenty-minute shuttle in one of our buses to Tallowa Dam, then a 3 hour paddle into the spectacular Shoalhaven Gorge which is recognised as one of the most scenic flat water paddles in Australia, especially after rain with many waterfalls coming over the majestic sandstone cliffs.
Campsites are limited around the Fossickers Flat area and beyond to Canoe Flat so get here early for our 9am Bus out to the Dam. Enjoy the peace, no roads, no powerboats, just the noise of the birds to wake you up in the morning.
DAY 2 Return to Tallowa Dam. Allow 3 hours enjoy lunch on the banks along the way. We will meet you for your return bus to our base.
What to Bring
- A GAS OR FUEL STOVE and fuel (WE CAN HIRE YOU ONE)
- A TENT WITH A SEWN IN FLOOR (We can sell you a New one for $65)
- SLEEPING BAG
- GROUND MAT
- EATING UTENSILS...CUP...PLATE...BOWL...KNIFE, FORK
- TORCH WITH NEW BATTERY
- A SPADE FOR A TOILET HOLE (WE WILL SUPPLY)
- GARBAGE BAGS (WE CAN SUPPLY)
- A BASIC FIRST AID KIT
- WATER PURIFYING TABS (rather than transport water, which is bulky and heavy)
- ANY SPECIAL MEDICATION
- RAIN COAT
- A PAIR OF SHOES TO GET WET